Today, 99.96% of active vulnerabilities in corporate endpoints are related to missing updates. If these updates were installed, they would greatly contribute to preventing security risks. In fact, according to Ponemon Institute,2 57% of victims of cyber attacks said that applying a patch would have prevented them from being attacked and 34% said that they knew about the vulnerability before the attack.
What’s more, 86% of vulnerabilities are due to unpatched third-party applications such as Java, Adobe, Firefox, Chrome, Flash, and OpenOffice, among others
IT IS TIME TO CHANGE THIS TREND WITH PANDA PATCH MANAGEMENT
Panda Patch Management is a user-friendly solution for managing vulnerabilities in operating systems and thirdparty applications on Windows workstations and servers. It reduces the attack surface, while at the same time strengthening your organization’s prevention and containment capabilities.
The solution does not require any new endpoint agents or management consoles, as it is fully integrated with all of Panda Security’s endpoint solutions.
It also provides centralized, real-time visibility into the security status of software vulnerabilities, missing patches, updates and unsupported (EOL) software, inside and outside the corporate network, as well as easy-to-use and real-time tools for the entire patch management cycle: from discovery and planning to installation and monitoring.
- Vulnerability discovery is a long process. However, response must be immediate in the event of an incident.
- Companies are decentralized, employees are not continuously connected to the corporate network. Onpremises VM tools do not cover these scenarios.
- Most VM tools require another specific agent on endpoints that are already overloaded.
- The Microsoft VM tool does not allow organizations to carry out centralized, unified updates of third-party applications.
- Other security solutions that offer patch management do not correlate detection with vulnerable endpoints to speed up response and mitigation of the attack.